Thursday, March 20, 2014

So Many Thoughts - Peace

I've been struggling with some pretty awful, non-existent sleep lately.

Just as the busyness of the day settles down and my head hits the pillow my mind turns on full blast and reminds me of all the stressful things going on that I have worked so hard to rise above (and address, as needed) during the day so that I could be present for my children (and also so that I can handle the stressful things with a clear, level head because stressing out about stressful things never helps) because, despite the stressful stuff, I still want to do my best to excel as a mother.

Sleep deprivation is not something that I enjoy. Though, I don't think anyone is likely to enjoy that. And I could feel anxiety creeping consistently closer and closer.

And then I found this:

(would love to know the artist, if anyone should know it!)
And I loved it.

There wasn't some big epiphany of some great solution to help me tread through stressful times (and get some more sleep!), but there was a peace.

And peace is powerful.

It helps us better see the wisdom of what things matter and what things don't. And it empowers us to meet stressful times head on and then rise above them or deal with them (whichever is needed).

Peace is beautiful.

And perhaps the most beautiful thing about peace is that it allows us to absorb all the goodness that surrounds us even when the waters of life aren't as calm as we would like. Because the source of that beloved peace is ever mindful of our lives, and our future.

Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as he has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.
--Katharina von Schlegel



1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's Brian Kershisnik. I love it too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...