Our stroller is being sent in to be fixed (under warranty, thankfully, but that's a story for another day) and we had to stay home yesterday for the parcel pick up - which never happened. It isn't very much fun spending an entire sunny day inside only to find out you didn't have to.
The pick up was rescheduled for today, we had to clear our plans to be home. In my heart I was kind of hoping it would pour rain and I would not be so bitter about being stuck inside again. But it was clear blue, sunny skies.
I think the kids caught on to my dislike of being inside and they joined in - not a fun result.
After a long morning of teething and tantrums I finally put Atticus and Milayla down for naps.
I will admit - I was tired and really just wanted to sit down with a green smoothie and a book for 15 minutes to recharge before starting on some to-do list items. Then, Atticus asked me to cuddle and sing him a song. He even said "please" accompanied with his cute, wide-eyed, smile. I gave in. And I am so glad that I did.
It was only a few minutes. But those few minutes were wonderful, especially when considered in contrast to the rest of the morning. I am so grateful for two children who constantly remind me to slow down and enjoy the little pleasures that life has to offer. Life doesn't always need to be busy with every minute planned. Some of my favorite moments involve just being together as a family, relaxing at home or the impromptu moments.
True, it would have been nice to go outside and enjoy the sunshine, but I had it pretty good being stuck inside with two great kids to keep me company. Besides, who knows how much longer Atticus will actually ask and want me to sing to him ;).
As for that parcel pick-up...well, it's been rescheduled - again.
I will admit - I was tired and really just wanted to sit down with a green smoothie and a book for 15 minutes to recharge before starting on some to-do list items. Then, Atticus asked me to cuddle and sing him a song. He even said "please" accompanied with his cute, wide-eyed, smile. I gave in. And I am so glad that I did.
It was only a few minutes. But those few minutes were wonderful, especially when considered in contrast to the rest of the morning. I am so grateful for two children who constantly remind me to slow down and enjoy the little pleasures that life has to offer. Life doesn't always need to be busy with every minute planned. Some of my favorite moments involve just being together as a family, relaxing at home or the impromptu moments.
True, it would have been nice to go outside and enjoy the sunshine, but I had it pretty good being stuck inside with two great kids to keep me company. Besides, who knows how much longer Atticus will actually ask and want me to sing to him ;).
As for that parcel pick-up...well, it's been rescheduled - again.
No comments:
Post a Comment