I love having the kids home during the day. I know it it only for a brief time that they are home before they head off to school, so I really enjoy giving some structure to the day so that we can learn and have fun at the same time. I used to plan my own lessons and activities (which was very energy consuming and I had a hard time focusing them all in together) but for this past fall I adapted the Joy School curriculum to be suitable for both kids and it has been great for all of us. We typically have Joy School two mornings of the week, one morning for a field trip, one for a play date/group and one for errands. It makes for a week filled with good things that keep us learning and discovering and that is good for all of us. Here are just a couple photos of what the kids do in Joy School.
For Thanksgiving we had a nice lead up about gratitude and ways that we can be thankful. For one activity the kids were to come up with ten things that they were thankful for. I love their list. They were so proud of all they were able to come up with.
And on this particular day, we made paper dolls of our family. Atticus had fun decorating the boys in the family, while Milayla picked out the colors for the girls in the family. The kids loved having this up for the entire week and showing all of our guests our family "portrait".
For field trips we love heading to the museums in Bremen, the library, nature walks or exploring new areas of Bremen. Here are some photos of the kids at the Ubersee Museum in Bremen (a favorite of ours).
I feel pretty blessed to get help these two awesome kids discover the world around them as they grow into little people. We really do have so much fun.




No comments:
Post a Comment