Thursday, March 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Mail

The kids had so much fun making valentine cards to send to grandparents and a few of their friends in the weeks leading up to Valentine's Day. There was also a lot of suspense about the Valentine cards that we made for each other.


Those were all finished about a week ahead of time and I am happy to report that there was no peeking before Valentine's Day (despite some two little ones who were verrrry excited to open up their mailbox). Thankfully, the Valentines that they received in the mail seemed to quench their desire to open up their mailboxes. Atticus couldn't even wait to get his outdoor stuff off to open up his Valentine card from Great Grandma and Grandpa.


I love Milayla's eyes. They are so expressive and always filled with so much joy.  You get a really good view of that little chipped tooth of hers here as well. It certainly did not dim her smile at all.

 I'm sure glad that we put these together and made those valentines because it was a huge success and we all really enjoyed making, giving and receiving the valentines. The kids were so proud of the valentines that they had made and loved the ones they received (Milayla even gave one of her Valentines a hug!).



I'll post some more on the mailbox valentines with the rest of the valentine stuff later though. For now, I need to take advantage of nap time and try to get some work done on a certain little girl's birthday dress.


2 comments:

Sharee said...

I love how you make each holiday so special. Your littles are looking so adorable and happy! Is Valentine's Day celebrated in Germany? It's not down here in Argentina, but we still had a blast with a visit from grandma and gramps :)

JLH said...

Thanks, Sharee! Valentine's Day isn't officially celebrated here, but they do get a few Valentine orientated candies/gifts in the stores after Christmas to capitalize on the holiday and all those folks who are in love ;). We try to keep things pretty low key and family focused though - seems to work best to not overload the kids on candy and agendas. A visit from the grandparents sounds like it would have been great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...