In the week leading up to easter we had a few things going on around here, one of those things was that we had a couple students from the BYU-I Symphonietta stay with us for a couple days.
The kids anticipated their visit for several weeks before hand and were pretty excited that they were even going to get to go to the symphonietta.
All that excitement didn't seem to stamp out their nervousness of having someone they didn't know stay with us, but they seemed to warm up to the girls pretty quickly.
Both girls played viola and agreed to play some songs for us before the kids went off to bed. Pretty sure that sold both the kids on learning to play a string instrument (yes!!).
And then the next day I had the sole task of ensuring the girls made it to their bus on time with a packed lunch for the day. I failed on both accounts. Thankfully, the bus was extremely late and the girls got there with enough time for me to get home, realize I forgot to give them their lunches and run back to give it to them.
When we made it to the concert that night the kids were just buzzing with excitement. I wasn't sure how well they were going to do seeing that the concert didn't even start until well after bed time, but they were pros. They were definitely tired, both opting to sit and cuddle on our laps through the concert, but they sat and listened through the entire concert.
I must admit that it was a little strange to hear the musicians play 'O Canada' as their opening song. I can't remember the last time that I have listened to that song. Pretty sure that disgraces me as a canadian (though, in my defence, we sing it as a family several times in the week leading up to Canada Day), but I stood up and explained to the kids the importance of the song and felt a little soothed about my disgrace.
There was a lovely soloist that sang as well, and Milayla was completely hooked. The singer was very expressive though and every time she made a concerned face Milayla would ask what was wrong. It was very intense for Milayla to watch. And Atticus just couldn't get enough of learning the names of a few new instruments.
All in all - it was a lovely evening and I am so glad that we took the kids. It was a great event to have in our Easter week. And it was a great family date!
These are some of the little pictures that we had fun taking while we were waiting for the concert to start.
| my sneaky picture :) |
| sooo Excited!! |
| Family picture |
| Atticus was a little concerned that he couldn't find Kelsey (one of the girls that stayed with us) in the picture of the symphonietta that was in the program. She was there though. Thankfully :) |
| Milayla loved listening to the musicians practicing |
| Love this girl's smiles! |
| blurry..but here we are! Along with a photobomber...ha! |
When the girls headed off on the third day, Atticus requested that he get a picture with his new friends before they headed off.
We're so glad we had these girls stay with us. It was a pleasure!
No comments:
Post a Comment