Turns out they were making bouquets. I first came upon Atticus, sitting in the tree house, tying together some long grass he found that had begun to seed. He was using one of the stalks to tie the other stalks together. His comment to me was, "Mommy, look! It was so pretty I wanted to make sure we had some inside as well.". Milayla was nearby gathering violets and dandelions.
The result was so visually stunning I couldn't resist taking a few pictures of their artistic collaboration. The ombre effect of the stalks that Atticus had to shorten off looks really pretty (he also subbed in some scotch tape when we came inside because he thought that might hold better).
And Milayla was so diligent in getting violets and dandelions to have some beautiful colour. They are so proud of the finished result and I think it is so beautifully wonderful and photographed really well.
We headed to the park in the afternoon (after dance class) and Atticus was pretty excited when they found a plethora of forget-me-nots (!) to add to our bouquet. So he and Milayla each tenderly brought home a little bouquet of forget-me-nots and have added them to our little bouquet. I sure love seeing their eyes light up about nature (and music + art!). It's a gift to see the beauty in the things and people around us. Truly.




No comments:
Post a Comment