You know those foods that kids seem to inherently love? Mac and cheese. Chicken nuggets. French Fries. You know, the typical, unhealthy-but-its-the-only-thing-my-kids-will-eat-without-making-a-fuss foods. Well, I am so happy that, at least for the time being, that food for Milayla is Indian Food; curries, naan bread, coconut rice, paneer, and all that good stuff. We had gotten Indian take-out the day that Milayla was discharged from the hospital so that we could celebrate and it was one of the first foods (aside from rice cakes) that we saw her really enjoy.
Thankfully, she still seems to be enjoying it because I love having it as a backup for a meal that I know we will all enjoy.
It has been fun seeing Milayla explore different foods, learning new tastes and textures, but it is a tad stressful when there are days she isn't interested (and those days come a bit more often than I would like...). In general though, she has become quite a good eater, trying lots of new foods and being a good sport about it too. We are all very impressed. I just hope many years down the road when she sees the above photo that I posted on here, she will be a good sport about that one too ;). Love this girl!


No comments:
Post a Comment