Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I know the thought of Valentine's Day makes a lot of people run the other direction and, I will admit, it's never been one of my favorite holidays. In fact, I tend to find it just plain awkward. However, I have really found ways to shift my attitude lately. I think a lot of it has to do with the extra platform it gives me to teach my kids about the love of the Saviour. It has also really helped us bring our family and giving service back into focus and I am all for those kind of holidays. So, we've been heart attacking, mailing off valentines, and coming up with extra ways to serve those around us. In our down time, the kids are having fun with some Valentine games, reading some appropriately themed books, and watching little video clips. So I thought I would share a couple of our favorite little video clips that we have been watching this month.
I like this one because it shows all sorts of little ways that we can give love like the Savior did and still does. And the hymn, Love One Another, is so very fitting. A definite favorite.
And this one is just plain cute. A variety of couples, married for a variety of years, all sharing their ideas that enrich their marriage. Very sweet and endearing.
Well, not matter how you choose to celebrate (or not celebrate) Valentine's Day, I hope it's a wonderful Thursday! We'll be trying out our First Annual 'We Love to be a Family Day' as seen here. We're pretty excited. Will post how it goes later. Happy Valentine's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment