It was pretty neat that our pass for the Mosaic Cultures International was good for 2 days and also covered the Insectarium and the Garden of Lights in the Chinese garden. So when we were able to we took our second day and took the kids to check out the insectarium. It took us a little while to get to the insectarium because Milayla was so excited about seeing some of the Mosaic Cultures sculptures a second time that we stopped to take a few pictures. She wanted her picture with every single one. It was so sweet. Though, she asks for a picture, pulls me into the picture and then will smile at me. Perhaps I am too often the one behind the camera. I do like being the one to see those smiles though!
Once we were finally inside the insectarium the kids were hooked. It was pretty cool. And I just have to say that I hope I never encounter any of those spiders the size of a bird. Seriously. Not cool.
The kids got to watch ants at work, hear insect sounds, learn interesting facts and find out all about how bugs can camouflage.
Pretty sure this was the perfect outing for two incredibly inquisitive kids. Loved it.
No comments:
Post a Comment