Saturday, February 28, 2015

February Daily Life

Phineas is on the move and has the quickest army crawl ever. He is also skooching (?) his knees forward when he is on all four. He spends most of his time in his diaper because I really can't bear to cover the baby cuteness. He also has an easier time moving without the clothes. And he started sampling solids. He has been a hit and miss experience. Sweet potato has been a hit. Banana came back up. And oats just didn't have a great outcome. He loves sitting at the table with us though! I will write more on him once I get his 7 month pictures up. 












Milayla has had a growth spurt in more ways than just physically. She shot up a bit in height, and she has made very dramatic improvements in her speaking vocabulary, memorization, and imagination. She is also making great strides in beginning to read, writing her letters and dancing. I love the songs that she makes up and sings for us all. And I adore hearing the way she has reasoned through different situations. She gets it. It's brilliant. Her dancing is fabulous and she will ask me if her and I can have a little dance party just so she can dance (and spend time with me). And she recruits us all in to this incredible land of make believe with her imagination. We have tea parties and picnics in the middle of the forest and on a boat. We have explored mountain tops and we have tried to catch her bear eating up his breakfast. She exudes happiness and creativity. I love getting to sit down with her and create art; she gets so focused and you can see she really enjoys it.



Atticus has reached the fun part of reading. He reads everything. Absolutely everything. If there are words he will read them. He will find chapter books at the library and start reading. He can read a beginner chapter book in just a couple days. I find him reading throughout the apartment. And if he is ever delaying in responding it is usually because he is off somewhere reading. The challenge has been finding chapter books that are at his reading level that aren't above his maturity level. Homeschool is going really well with him which is nice as a travail unchartered territory with him on that front. Then there is the pretend play that he is exploring for the first time. I think books helped to open this world for him. He loves to use it to create parties for people. He has also started creating his own little books.



Both he and Milayla loved putting their creativity together to make their own wrapping paper to wrap their birthday gifts for their friend, Amelia (from church). We all went to her birthday and the kids succeeded in welcoming the other children into the joy of 'don't let the balloon drop'






 And Jason and I are diligently searching for a home, trying to keep our goals of book reading and making date night a priority (mini golf and a movie night this month). The kids have been in love with the adventure of looking for a house. Jason and I have felt a bit more of a growing experience with the search. There are so many factors to take into consideration and we just want to make sure that we get the right house in the right location. Oh, and I just want to say that I love when Sunday afternoon nap happens and I get to come into the bedroom to see Phineas asleep on Jason and Jason completely asleep himself. Neither of them even budged when I came into the room which is saying something because our floors are incredibly loud. I sure love my cuddles with my children and have a hard time giving them up, but seeing something like this feels just about as good.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...