Monday, June 27, 2016

Mom Wins

There are days that I don't feel like I was super successful at being a mom. Thankfully, there are also days where I feel pretty confident in knowing that I have grown and gotten better at being a mom. And days when I can see in the kids' eyes that they feel loved and happy. And then there are days that I see how much they have learned and grown and I know that I helped to nurture that all along. That feels pretty awesome. One pretty awesome thing is knowing that the kids love having me teach them.

They are in a homeschool soccer group that a homeschool dad runs (and does a great job at!). When he was going to be gone for a couple weeks one of the moms in the group volunteered to coach in his absence. As we were heading to soccer on the first of those days the kids were telling me in the car that they had wished that I was teaching because they love it when I teach. I felt like that was saying a lot considering that I not only teach them at home but I also teach them every few weeks in Primary  (children's Sunday school) at church.

I felt pretty peaceful and content at hearing them express that. I think it's pretty easy to get caught up in all the things that I don't do right and keep a running tally of those. But perhaps it's time to remember the things that I am doing right and using those to enjoy these incredibly precious moments even more.

This isn't to say that I should have coached soccer for those couple weeks. I felt pretty good about letting the kids get some exposure to some other teaching styles (and the mom did a fascistic job!) but I will definitely remember the kids' great words of encouragement that meant more than those little cutie pies probably realized! Love those kids!

1 comment:

SJW said...

Thank you for your continued example of beautiful mothering! You are a light! Your posts always give me a boost of energy to keep moving forward with faith.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...