Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Milayla's Baby Blessing

In our church, newborn children are often given special blessings in which they formally receive their names along with other unique pronouncements. Where possible, these blessings are given by the father; otherwise, it is often one of the local priesthood leaders or a friend/relative who holds the priesthood.  This past Sunday (also Father's day), I had the privilege of blessing Milayla.  I can think few other occasions that compare to being able to hold a child in your hands, surrounded by dear friends and leaders, to pronounce these unique blessings. It was a wonderful experience.  Milayla was beautiful, dressed in Laura's own blessing gown that had been made by her now-deceased grandmother some 25 years previous.  Her mother sent it over with one of our neighbors who happened to be visiting Calgary (this was the "special item" mentioned in a previous posting, here).  Additionally, Laura deliberately taught herself how to crochet in order to accent this adorable dress with a floral design headband.  I've got to say - I was pretty impressed!  Here are a few pictures from the day.


Milayla in her mother's blessing gown.  What a cutie!

Atticus getting ready to go to church.

Proud Mommy with her baby girl.



Daddy's pretty proud too!



Not too sure what to make of that face...something along the lines of "somebody help me!!"

On the couch with the kidlets.  One of us isn't overly impressed.

My world!

Atticus and Milayla sitting nicely together on the couch.

Melts her daddy's heart.

"Daddy, I'm bored.  Are we done yet?"




Love those flowers!




Hard to imagine her all grown up some day.  Guess we'll just enjoy everyone moment along the way.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...